One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Laundry Soap Making Day

Today I making another batch of laundry soap.  This time I am making it with Zote, but it's still not turning out the way I'd like it too.  I may have to switch containers and store it in a plastic bucket with a lid. 

The sun is out and the wind is pretty strong, so it's a good laundry day for drying my bedding outside.

My kids are cleaning house for a school break/movie night party.  The rules have always been that if they are doing the inviting, then they do all the cleaning.   They are mixing up a bottle of vinegar/water to wash down the bathroom.

As for me, I have writing to finish.  It's day 23 of the NaNoWriMo and I've been able to keep up despite household chores, kids and hurting myself.  Yep.  I managed to pull a muscle or pinch a nerve or something and my head is throbbing.  I can't lean my head back or to the left either.  It's been pretty painful.   I better take something for it, because I have a school conference tonight. 

No comments: