Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, March 24, 2023

Whirlwind continues...

 

Tiger when he was a baby.  He is under emergency vet care until possibly Saturday, depending on his prognosis.   He had an emergency ultra sound, which found crystals in his bladder, causing a blockage.  He was in miserable pain.  He is not being treated, but there is the possibility for kidney damage.  We are in touch with daughter E for updates.

The painting progress on the bedroom is slow going for now.  It takes two people to just do the ceiling edging.  Our ceiling is 8 foot, 9 inches tall, so a tall ladder is required, as well as someone to hold the paint tray, and yes we will be needing to cover the entire bedroom floor with plastic.  There are two ceiling fans in the bedroom that need spring cleaned before we cover them with plastic to paint the ceiling as well.  I feel like this room is the one that will make me lose my marbles.

I just want my bed back, so I'm hoping for at least the paint work done this weekend, in order to put the bed back together.  The air mattress is messing with us getting a good night's sleep.

There is so much going on right now, it's nuts!  I have now moved drying racks to my living room, and I feel like the entire house is chaotic.  I don't do "chaotic" very well.

On top of everything going on, I am stressing about getting the new coop started.  It's rained here for days, and the ground is mushy mess.  


3 comments:

Debi said...

Renovations are never easy it seems. I'm so thankful that my husband is quite handy and we don't have to hire out for our projects. I hate painting and so does my husband but since he does all the building I think it only fair that I paint... and on top of not liking to paint I am really, really messy at it! I hope that your daughter's kitty recovers. We once had a cat that got crystals about once year... not fun for her or us! Hope you have a good weekend and have your bed back by Monday!

Leigh said...

Poor Tiger. I almost dread to ask about the outcome. Is there anything they can do for that?

That on top of everything else, I know you must be terribly stressed out! Praying for grace for you and your family.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Debi, I do not like painting either. I go thru too much paint tape with trim, but thankfully the trim is down for this room.

Leigh and Debi, the vet did a procedure for Tiger to urinate, but there is the possibility he can block up again, and in that case a $1400.00 surgery. It already cost $400 for the ultra sound and another $634 for the procedure. We have not heard yet on his condition. For the fact we have not, I am very stressed it will not be good news. I will update when we do know anything.