Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Wednesday, February 8, 2023

....from the handiwork journal






Crocheted plant leaf coasters that fill a "pot" when not in use.  It turned out super adorable.  I used what colors I had on hand and think they were perfect.  I may or may not make more of these.  Daughter E's suggestion.

Finished this blanket finally.  Only 40 hours of labor (love).

I'm back to working on our own blanket now.  My husband is happy about this one.  I have not made us a blanket in years.  The dogs destroyed the last one I made when we first moved here.  I'm so happy to work on it again.  I decided to rotate soft white in between the black and heather grey yarn.  I'm  hoping to get it done before winter is over.  Summer is not an ideal time to crochet a large blanket.

Future possible project - a crocheted Valentine Tic-Tac-Toe game.  Is it not adorable or what?  On the possibility list for next year.  I have a house to get in order this year.  Pattern is free online HERE.




 

4 comments:

Carol said...

I am sure your husband will love the blanket. I love that tic tac toe game. My grand doll would be excited with that

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Carol, it is nice to finally work on something for our own home now. Isn't that game the cutest? I haven't printed the pattern (gulp), but gosh it was too cute to not share.

Jackie said...

That is one cute idea for a game. I love the leaf coasters and pot.

God bless.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Jackie, I have crocheted a large regular game like that before, just not that cute size with hearts. So cute. Thanks. I had fun making the leaf coasters and pot.