Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, December 2, 2022

Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix

 

Winter has things slowing down around here, other than our living room repair/remodel project.  I, however, finally got the hot cocoa mix made.

A few parts arrived to install the gas heaters, but the fireplace has yet to be delivered.  It was supposed to be in November 30th.  It's been a frustrating time getting what we need to finish the living room.

The cost of paint is horrible right now as well. Sheesh.  My husband and I were flabbergasted at the price of one gallon to paint the trim.

6 comments:

Leigh said...

I haven't priced paint in awhile, so I can only imagine.

Thanks for the hot cocoa mix recipe! Dan loves hot chocolate but I refuse to by the ready-made mixes because of the ingredients. He'll be pleased with this.

Debi said...

I'm so sorry that your living room remodel has put you in chaos just in time for the holidays. It will all be worth it in the end and years from now you will laugh about it... well, maybe no laughing about the ridiculous cost of everything. I speak from experience! Hopefully your fireplace will be delivered soon. Hope you enjoy your weekend and don't work too hard!

Jackie See said...

I understand. I waited almost 2 years to get my backsplash installed and microwave installed. Handyman showed up to bid the job but then didn't show up to do the work, over and over. The days just seemed to pile up one after the other and I was so tired of moving things and cleaning out cabinets only to have to put them back again with no work getting done but mine. It is finally done, my cabinets are cleaned and organized! Now I think that it was God's way of telling me to declutter. Each time I moved the stuff out and then back again I donated another bag. I pray that you feel this same sense of relief and organization that I felt after the job was completed. Now I am waiting to start eh painting job until I get some rest after the holidays. You are right the price of paint is crazy and the Buy 4/Get 1 free, rebates, coupons, sales, receipt keeping and tracking! Whew! I also have to have my hardware changed out and hinges routed. We can do everything but the hidden hinges that I want they require routing and a jig and you only get one try or the door is ruined. I may end up sticking with the ugly door hinges to avoid the stress and expense. I follow your blog and enjoy your posts, and I am excited to see the room when it is done and you are sitting down with your crochet enjoying it!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Leigh, you are welcome

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you Debi

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Jackie See, I am doing the same thing. I am so tired of moving things, I just declutter and get rid of stuff as I go. I cannot wait until it's all done, and you said it! I cannot wait to sit and enjoy crocheting in the living room. Thanks for following my blog.