Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Making progress. . .


 I can now get up the stairs, but the office is so jam packed with stuff, there is no way to access my recipes in there.  It will be a while before it's emptied. The white door is my office, and the black plastic to the right of that is covering the stairway.

I'm glad I can get back upstairs, due to a yarn order I recently placed.  It was a great deal during the week of Thanksgiving, and even lower in price that Wal-mart.

The ceiling fan is now taken off, so I resume the removal of the popcorn ceiling.  Lots of work done, but there is a lot more to do.  We have no heat until the room is completely done.  We'll be bringing in a propane heater to be able to work in there.

I can't recall if I updated on my Kitchenaid mixer, so I'm sorry if this is a repeat.  My husband took it apart and fixed it.  I am so happy that is off the "replace it" list now.  The new ones are not built like the old ones, and are pretty expensive.

Not wanting to pay for another helper, we will be finishing the living room ourselves.  Once I have the ceiling painted and the ceiling fan/light installed I will post an update.

I'm trying a new crockpot recipe today.  I'll post an update if we like it or not.  

I'm feeling a lack of holiday spirit.  Not sure if it's because my house is a hot mess, we don't have a tree up in plain sight, or if it's the fact I can't decorate if I wanted to right now.  Or because Mom is not here this Christmas, and I am usually making a handmade gift for her.  I know the fact I cannot do a craft show has made me feel somewhat depressed as well.

The weather is not very inviting today - windy and raining.

No comments: