Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, October 3, 2022

Sweet Chili Sauce update and camping

 I forgot to mention, I baked a sheet pan chicken dinner with brussel sprouts and carrots when Daughter E visited.  We cracked open a jar of the sweet chili sauce I canned this year, and it was very good.  In fact, we enjoyed it on the veggies as well. 


We took our first, and possibly the last, camping trip this year.  We met up with friends and had the best time ever.

It's back to reality and garden/house work.


3 comments:

Debi said...

We (and by we I mean hubby!) are closing up our camper for the year. It has turned cold here so it's time to call it quits til next year. Have a great week!

Katie C. said...

What recipe did you use for canning the chili sauce? I’m working on apples. 15 pints, one broke in the canner, of sugarless applesauce done. Today, apple butter

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Katie, I need to get some applesauce canned too. The recipe I used is online - https://www.afarmgirlsdabbles.com/asian-style-sweet-chili-sauce-recipe/
We love it!