Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, September 26, 2022

This and That

 It's been a bit rough at our homestead.  My husband has not been sleeping well.  The plant is shut down, and calls keep coming in.  Thank you for all your prayers for these two young men.  If I remember correctly, one brother was 32 and the other 34.  Both had children, both married, and the wife to the younger brother is pregnant and due in May of next year.  Now I am not sleeping well either, as my husband will be working there until retirement.


It's been raining, and more rain, wind and cold weather today.  We joked about me going out to work in the garden, but both retracted quickly when I reminded him of my boots getting stuck in the mud.  Putting the garden to bed has once again been halted.


Not enough jalapenos for cowboy candy and not enough of a mix of the other hot peppers for jelly.  Hm.  I know I will freeze some and some will be included in the menu this week.


2 comments:

Debi said...

How very sad for those families. I understand why you and your husband are not sleeping well. I will keep you and those families in my prayers.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Debi, thank you! They started a Gofundme for a trust fund for the kids. I hope the company itself makes the trust fund happen themselves too.