Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, May 27, 2022

This and That

I had just finished a mountain of dishes, when I remembered I needed to find an un-finished project that needs done ASAP.  I spent about a half hour  finding the project, but no pattern.

Well, I need to organize my patterns on a day I have nothing important on the to-do list.  I could not, for the life of me, find the pattern anywhere.  Of course, the house is in chaotic order right now, but I am thankful it was still on the internet.  Whew!

Today's morning project - bagging garlic to fend of raccoons and deer.  Be sure not to put this near some vegetables that do not like garlic.  I am also hanging in the fruit trees.  Someone told us they do this and it works.  We'll find out if it works or not.  I bought some cheap garlic from the store to do this project.

I have spent some time searching for close, fun destinations for my husband and I.  He sometimes has a day off, some weeks not.  I am having fun finding about new things to do and visit on his day off, and still get a few things done here at the homestead.

Meanwhile, the herb garden and flower beds are weed fests.  I have to wait for the rain to stop, and the beds to dry up just a bit, and then I will tackle those.



2 comments:

Jackie said...

Does that keep birds out of the trees. They seem to love my cherry trees and it is always a fight to get any harvest at all.

God bless.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Jackie, I am not sure about birds, but I'm told it will keep deer and raccoons away.