Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Tuesday Tidbits

Monday was a busy day for sure.  I called Daughter E to ask if the homemade ginger-ale I delivered was helping with her nausea.  She has lost her smell, but not her taste.  She is moving around to keep her from getting worse, and getting sun and fresh air.  She's basically bored stuck there all by herself.  She has dug out her craft box and made some friendship bracelets.

I called Mom to check in and see if her 14 free meals arrived.  Unfortunately, she is not seeing any improvements and said she'll call her doctor. Oh, and no meals.  

Breakfast - sweet potato, onion, sausage, mad hatter and jalapeno peppers, collards and kale, and eggs.


Dandelion greens were blanched and frozen.  I dug into the jungle of our potato patch.  Zero.  Well, not really zero, but a teensy one on each plant.  Lack for and too many super hot days was the problem this year.


I submitted a vendor request form to a business that is similar to one in the "Big City" but haven't heard back yet.  The one in the "Big City" was too expensive to rent and offered one table space to sell my handiwork.  

However, some great news!  I may be selling some things at a store on the island next summer season.  So excited.  I'll be working on those items this winter.  I've also spoken to the owner of the General Store in another town.  I've emailed them a photo of my jar grippers to sell there.  I pray it all works out. 


No comments: