Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, September 18, 2021

Ground Cayenne

(dehydrate for 6-10 hours at 125°F, then grind into powder using a coffee grinder)



I finally got the dehydrated cayenne peppers ground into powder.  I believe I used my last spice jar, but I'm already set with homemade "fire powder"  (random mix of dehydrated hot peppers and ground into powder).  Look at that beautiful bold color next to the expensive organic store bought color.  

There have been 4-5 shipments of Mom's free 14 meals (via Fed Exp).  Non of which actually made it to her house.  There is another shipment that is due to arrive today.  

I have felt my uppity self lately.  Not sure if it's what's going on with our world, or the added stress and overwhelming race to get so many things done before winter. I'm just not feeling my motivated, good mood self.

4 comments:

Katie C. said...

I was so bummed out this year. We ordered a cayenne pepper with the intention of making hot pepper flakes. Turns out, they sent us an Anaheim pepper plant. I have tons but not what we exactly wanted.

Henny Penny said...

It sure looks like fire power. Bet it's hot as forty hells...as my step-dad used to say. :) It sure is pretty. I filled our dehydrator with peppers, green from the garden, and they all dried an ugly brown color. I thought they would dry red. I've been stringing all the others up and hanging them in the pantry.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Unkown, I'm in the same boat but with serrano peppers. I never planned on getting so many of them.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Henny Penny, I try to freeze my peppers, but only if I have freezer space.