Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, September 24, 2021

Chilly Weather and random chit-chat

I think we are moving out of the temperature drop, and back into the 70's.  

Daughter E is sick.  We tried to buy her some zinc, but it was sold out.  We found her some vitamin D and C, and delivered her some 4 Thieves.  It was a door drop just to be safe, and thank goodness we did.  She went to the doctor and tested positive for covid.  Please pray for her and anyone she was in contact with.  

I sent Daughter K with another door drop for her with other medicinal items that could help her.  She lives alone with her cat, so I reminded my husband we need to door drop some cat food soon.  I pray she recovers quickly.  So many more at my husband's work are getting sick too.

I am dropping out of the craft show for all these reasons.  My Mom needs our help with food, cat food, household chores, getting the mail, putting trash out and many other things.  I can't put her at risk.  She literally cannot walk well, and needs someone to check on her physically vs. just a phone call. Stay safe my friends.


8 comments:

Magazine da Dê said...

God is with you!

M. Meyers said...

So many disappointments in this world we are living in! I just came out of quarantine on Monday. I had three positive tests (home kit/CVS/and again at doctor because they wouldn’t accept the other two.) Hubby was with me 24/7; we were in a beach condo when my symptoms first began. Six days later, he developed a sore throat and runny nose. He tested negative FOUR times over two weeks. My symptoms were very minor, but because of all the reports of cases going south quickly, I went to the doctor and got the "monoclonal antibody treatment” in injection form. Hubby’s symptoms cleared up quickly. He only took meds one day. We are both fully vaccinated. But here’s the kicker! The two granddaughters who live with us are banned from school for TWENTY DAYS! We asked the school nurse if we could submit negative tests for them. She said we would need to report to county health department and THEY would determine return date! Crazy! So, we’re homeschooling and have them home until October 11, because, naturally, their fall break begins on their return date of Oct. 1. It’s a crazy world we live in!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you Magazine da De

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Oh my goodness! 20 days!? Sheesh. We have many friends who have had the virus or recently got over it, but one person is having a horrible time and got those infusions. Now her oxygen is low.

mamasmercantile said...

So sorry to read about your daughter, you will all be in my prayers. Stay safe.

Jackie said...

Stay safe, I hope your daughter has a very mild case.

God bless.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you mamasmercantile

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you Jackie