Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, January 23, 2021

Random Tidbits

I decided to take a break from purging Friday.  I did a few tidy up areas, but focused on a day without dust (ha ha!).  I can't believe how many books I really had.  Oye.

I cleaned up part of the other kitchen table.  We have two tables, because I use them a lot during tomato season.  One way or another I want a Christmas gathering here too.  They are saying with the vaccine now, we should be back to almost "normal" this year.  

Anyway, I made room to cut more netting.  I've had a few requests for scrubbies and needed netting cut first.

I'm thinking about doing a give-away soon.  I think I can part with some things I found that I've just decided I don't want, need or will make. Maybe that will boost my spirits by making someone else happy?  I just ordered some shipping boxes from the usps store, so when they arrive I will post pictures of the give-away.


Here is a photo of the embellished paperclips I made with tiny crochet flowers.  I'll have to do some looking around to see where I found the pattern, but there may be similar patterns online too.

I used the last of my dehydrated mushrooms.  I am rotating the freezer/pantry pretty good this winter.  I do need to re-stock just a few items, but rotating well.

Last night we called daughter K.  She had a fun day in NYC and had more plans.  She said it was not crowded, but stores had limits on how much time you spent inside.  We then had two more calls with extended family.



 

2 comments:

Cockeyed Jo said...

The flowered paperclips are so cute!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you Cockeyed Jo. I have no idea why the font keeps changing after I post. Hm.