Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, January 7, 2021

Kitchen Chit Chat

 

I still have a supply of home grown sweet potatoes, so I decided to mix up a casserole with those, sausage, kale, broccoli, mushrooms and garlic for breakfast.





Dinner was a big 'ol crock pot of chili.  Dessert was Einkorn applesauce cake (Jovial recipe is online).  Nothing better for a cold and busy day yesterday.  The best part?  Leftovers today. Both dishes required quite a bit of time in the kitchen early in the day.  Leftovers give me more time for other things today, and hopefully some handiwork time.

I'm already on the hunt for more crochet patterns.  I'm filling up the Christmas binder too with gifting ideas and recipes.


First little something special for the girls.  These are about 3 x 4 inches and perfect to carry in their purse to jot notes or write a list.  So cute.  I'll tuck one in their lunches for work with a special note to cheer them up for the day.
  

10 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

What a lovely surprise the girls will have when they find their jotters, such a thoughtful gift.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks mamasmercantile, I thought they were so cute and would very handy.

Jackie said...

Cute notebooks. The girls will enjoy them.

God bless.

Cockeyed Jo said...

Kristina, I've got a recipe using sweet potatoes coming up on my Wednesday post. :o)

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Jackie

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Cockeyed Jo, I'll be watching for you recipe.

Luludou said...

Now I have to make chili!
Love the little note books

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Luludou

RB said...

So nice to think about Christmas so early in the year. (And I mean that, not being sarcastic at all.)
I love Christmas. Have missed the last 3 due to illness I didn't want to spread to others. I use to pride myself on having all Christmas presents bought by the end of summer and all Christmas cards mailed by Thanksgiving weekend. Things have slowed down a lot for me because I have trouble sitting in one place for so long and I can no longer drive.
But I am sure God has other plans for me in this stage of life too. Praise God!!!
Have a great week ya'all, and be safe.
God bless.
RB
<><

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

RB, praying we all have a wonderful Christmas this year!