Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, December 5, 2020

Yakking and Babbling


 The metal sign I bought for my husband for Christmas, ha ha!

Miss Thelma continues to lay eggs in the feeder.  I'm going to buy a shower cap to place over the top, or go see if I have a piece of wood large enough to cover the top.  Crazy chicken.

I'm trying to convince (motivate) my husband to go pick up the dog fencing this weekend.


I was going through old photos, and had scanned this recipe for a drink called the Bahama Mama.  Yes I went to the Bahamas.  One time in my life, with a sister.  It was what they call "Fam" trips, short for Familiarization Trip.  I tried to take these trips often when the offer was given.  These were specially priced trips for Travel Agents to visit and do hotel tours we could know more about what we were selling.  Fun times for sure.  Can you tell I was on the "procrastination station" way too much yesterday, ha ha!

Oh, I almost forgot.  I finished one ornament.  It's made out of a wooden clothespin.  To see it, go to my S.C.R.A.P. Blogspot.


Today's blog post title couldn't be more accurate (ha ha!).  Nothing really exciting.  The dogs are not liking that it's shotgun week.  The farmer must have given permission to hunters to hunt the woods behind us that run along the river.  The shotgun blasts are making bark.

Yesterday's concoction - organic coffee, homemade hot chocolate, and a splash of candy cane organic syrup.








6 comments:

Debby Flowers said...

Kristina, I have found an old large funnel works well to keep the hens off of the feeder. the big kind like what is used to fill tractors with gas.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Debby, thanks for the tip. Good idea.

Mary said...

Good luck with the dog fencing, my daughter who was horrified at the prices to have even a simple fenced in section for her dog Arlo to run around in (after he escaped from the lead attached to his collar in the back yard, though a woman 2 blocks over got her number off his license and called her to let her know she would hold him til she could come get him). She bought fencing and did a diy fence which was rather hard to do on her own. Speaking of Bahamian drinks, while I never traveled there, a club I used to drive to to see a band in Wellfleet on Cape Cod served a Bahamian drink called the Goombay Smash, smash being the operative word. I got the recipe back then to serve at a party, here it is:
2 oz. Myers Dark Rum
1 oz. Coconut Rum
1/2 oz. Apricot Brandy
3 oz. Pineapple Juice
1 oz. Orange Juice
Shake all ingredients over ice and until cold. Pour into rocks glasses over ice. Garnish with an orange slice, pineapple and a cherry, if desired.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Mary, thanks for the recipe. I've never heard of apricot brandy, sounds very interesting.

Cockeyed Jo said...

I went. I saw. I commented. Nice chicken.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Cockeyed Jo