Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, December 4, 2020

Positive Mojo ~ Joy ~ Happiness

A lot has been downhill and downright frustrating, mentally exhausting . . .2020.

I need to post this for a reminder to myself.  Hope you enjoy it.

What gives me joy and what was good about 2020.

We got the privilege to go to Daytona Bike Week in Florida (first time for us).  Good friends of ours trailered our motorcycles (things started to shut down the day we left FL).

We got 3 trips to our favorite island (talk about isolation in a good way).

We got many motorcycle rides in.

We (husband and I) got to take a trip to the Thumb of MI, and take a boat ride to see turnip rock etc.


I love snail mail.  It makes me smile and gives me happiness. A mug rug I received from Mama Pea one year (and still use it year round). I have received many other items as well.  I love to send surprise snail mail too, just to make someone's day.

Handwriting letters or getting hand written letters gives me joy, but lately it's been just quicker (gulp) to use the computer and print letters out.  Especially if I have a lot to talk about.


(don't worry about that email being on there, it's a very old one and gone)


I love to write, but haven't been doing it this year.  I found a copy of the newsletter I used to write way back in the day.  You may have to big-a-fy-it to read it.  Finding it gave me joy, as it was a time I looked forward to writing it each month and taking it to places where I was permitted to.




Baking.  Baking gives me joy.  I took this photo a few days ago, just before it went into the oven.  I haven't made them in many years.  Guess you forgot to add the cinnamon?  He he!  So I made pecan rolls as Hubby said.  They were still good, but I must make them again.  Just a long process, longer than I remember.

Handmade crafting.  Handmade Christmas ornaments were a yearly project I looked forward to.  I typically made them each January and had them done way before Christmas.  I love to research a new project to sell too.  I keep a list of what might be a good item to make and sell.

Reading gives me joy.  I've had a tough time at being in the "right" mood to read this year.  I have started back with reading my daily devotionals.

Dressing up for a date night with my husband. 

Working alongside my husband.  Seriously.  We work well together.  Whether cutting wood, building something, or gardening.  

There is probably a lot more I am just not clearly thinking of right now, but there was a few goodies that happened this year.  Praying for a better year next year.  The negative obviously outweighed the good this year, but there was some good. Just writing this out, I was back to working on ornaments yesterday, and reading a few of my herbal books.

I guess I better get a planner ordered.  I need to start planning for 2021.  Stay well friends.  Mentally and physically.


6 comments:

Mama Pea said...

Great post, Kristina. And a good reminder to look for and be grateful for all the blessings we have in our lives. I believe appreciating the good things actually makes them "bigger" and "heavier" so they can outweigh all the bad!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Mama Pea, I definitely took my focus off all the negative going on right now.

Cockeyed Jo said...

Keep your eyes on the positives no matter how small and the negatives melt away. Good post, Kristina.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Cockeyed Jo

Debby Flowers said...

Nice post Kristina! I like working with my husband too. Even things like cleaning the barn!

Goatldi said...

Kristina
I know it is hard to focus on the positive sometimes. But the focus on the negative even though it’s I think that saying it may help me move it out of the way only enlarge it in our hearts and others. You are doing an amazing job and in an amazing time and to be positive in addition to all of that is frosting on the cake. I always remember two things.

One is my Mamas favorite saying: “there but for the Grace of God go I.”

The other is “there is always somebody worse off than I am. “
May we lead by example setting standards so high that everyone will reach for it in their own way and perhaps together will make a change. Have a wonderful Christmas season.