Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, December 1, 2020

. . . from the handiwork journal

I apologize for the bad photos.  It was snowing and dark outside.  Not great for picture taking indoors.

. . .got the crochet part of Mom's Christmas present done.  Just have to sew the inner part - it's a heatable wrap.  The inner part will be made using an old bed sheet for the fabric.  I haven't decided if I will fill the inner bag with just rice or mix it with lavender.  



. . .so far on the cardigan.  I hope it fits her when it's done. I put a crochet hook in one of the "invisible" pockets (worked from bottom up).



. . .crocheted pieces for 5 red truck ornaments.  Just have to sew them together. 



. . .started on a purple set to sell (hopefully before Christmas)

I'm working on some ornaments as well.  I've lacked the motivation, but going through scrap items I have to come up with more ideas.


 

2 comments:

Mary said...

Oooh lavender as well as rice. Years ago I made pads to put under hot pots to protect people’s tables. I put lavender in some and cinnamon and cloves in others and the heat brought out the fragrances

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Mary that would smell fantastic.