Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, December 3, 2020

December Thoughts


First year we didn't make one trip to Amish country.  The hotel has sent me deals via text many times this year.  

First year we never got to go camping.

Went to way too many funerals this year.


I didn't get to go to the library one time this year.  Not once.  First shut down, no car, and no one to pick up or drop off.  I loved going to the library for craft books, fiction books, reference etc.  I really miss the library.  I think I was one of their biggest supporters.  I don't even know why I had that Rosemary Gladstar book in the pile.  I own a copy, ha ha!

Pandemic year kept us all inside almost all of the year, with very little visits to Mom and Dad, and away from extended family and friends. Isolation, depression, and feeling like we are dragging all day long.  Add to that state mandates and restrictions forced upon us.

Thankful for what we did get from the drought-year garden, but what a stressful time keeping it watered.

I haven't journaled in my regular journal all year.  In a way it may be a good thing, as I would be writing negative stuff that I would have to repeat over and over.

No vehicle has forced to me to shop online.  I ordered a pair of earrings for one daughter and they sent me something else.  Ordering online has become a pain in the rump.  Items are either not available due to the earlier shutdown, or parts I need, or items are over priced. I have been having difficulty finding yarn I need when I do get a vehicle.  Just a frustrating year.

Now we are in the month of December.  Christmas has always been my favorite holiday.  I loved decorating, making handmade gifts, shopping, baking....my zip has left my zap. I don't know how to get it back, but won't stop trying.

I'm putting together a post with what makes me happy or gives me joy next.  Thinking it's important to do this.  Especially this year.




 

10 comments:

Linda said...

I have never responded before but read your blog often.
I u understand everything you are saying.
You are not alone

barbara faye said...

Hang in there you are not alone. We in Michigan are having it hard too. I always love reading your blog while having my morning tea.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Linda, lets hope this is all better next year.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Barbara Faye, thank you for commenting that you visit each morning. I often wonder if my boring posts in winter are worth reading, lol!

Cockeyed Jo said...

Kristina, But by staying home you spent less money too. Think of what you saved in gasoline by not having a car or going out every few days. Not having reading material does suck. But like you I don't have ready access to get to the library.

I have a funny feeling the firsntiviral drug they use t half of 2021 will be the same. I'm back to wearing a mask again with this new strain of the virus popping up reinfecting those whose had the original virus. I have a feeling this virus thing will keep mutating and this new way of life will be with us for at least five years. Heck, even if they do have a shot to prevent it, I can't take it. To mass produce any flu type vaccine, they incubate it in egg yolks and I'm allergic to them.

The last flu shot I had was in 1974 for swine flu. My allergic reaction was so bad that I ended up almost dying. I was in the ICU for 3 days. So I'm opting out on a vaccine for this. I'll keep boosting my immunities naturally.

JustGail said...

Except for the vehicle thing (knock wood) and on-line shopping, I could have written this. I recently realized I've been in a mental funk since September. I get the necessities done, but anything more... so hard to accomplish. Even making phone calls to set up appointments is hard to get done for me. In other words - you're not the only one who zip is missing.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Cockeyed Jo, I'm afraid to say I'm online shopping for Christmas presents, even food needs, yarn...oh boy, the yarn...

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

JustGail, would love to know from you and everyone else what you do to keep your chin up. I get so depressed.

Lady Locust said...

Ah, well then . . . wishing you much joy, peace, and happiness :-)
(I have struggled with certain things also.)

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Lady Locust, I'm glad we are all here to blog and comment to connect. Especially this year.