Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Sunday, November 15, 2020

Splittin' Wood


Although totally exhausted (from different means), my husband and I headed out early Saturday to get a good load of wood cut and split.  

Today, rain returns with high wind warnings.  A good day to do rainy day indoor repairs and what not.  Not to mention, cuddle up with a good book, crochet or other relaxing activities. 






I've seen deer on the move for the last 4 days around our place.  

Remember the stray cat that showed up?  I found it's owner via using a group on social media.  It's crazy.  They live 30 minute drive north of us.  He even responded when they called his name.  I'm just glad he's back home where he belongs.


8 comments:

Cockeyed Jo said...

I'm happy for him and you.

Henny Penny said...

Splittin' wood! That's what I need to do. I love your deer pictures. So glad the kitty got beck to his home. That is amazing. How did he get so far from home! I've just read back to where he showed up.You are such a hard worker!

Unknown said...

Too funny about your cat, I just found mine on Facebook. He was about 6 miles the way the crow flies! He'd been gone for about a week and a half and during the blizzards. We think he may have hitched a ride on a load of hay or my car when I went to my cousins for a visit. Anyhow, other than skinny, he's doing great and back at home!

Debby Flowers said...

So nice to hear a success story about a wandering cat and not have to conclude he was dumped as so many are!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Cockeyed Jo

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Henny Penny, best I figure is a neighbor of hers took him for a ride and dumped him. It's a male not fixed and she said he was mostly outdoor cat (couldn't believe that because he acted like a house cat), and I am guessing the neighbor got tired of it wandering. Have no other ideas but that.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Unknown, so glad to hear you got your cat back. I was just taking a chance and viola, found the owner.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Debby, I think he was dumped, but by a neighbor of hers who didn't like him wandering (she said he was mostly outside at her house). I can't believe it would wander that many miles in 3 weeks. But, you never know.