Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Teabag Tidbits

 

Not a teabag, but works like a teabag.  Another new tea infuser I bought.  It fits into any regular size canning jar.  However, when I went to infuse a quart jar, I realized that the tool is not large enough to hold the amount of herbs I use for a quart.  It's great for a pint though.  Easier to do that straining with a fine mesh strainer and coffee filter.  

So that's the "bits" for today.  Short and sweet.  Yesterday went way too fast and dinner time snuck up on me like a fish flying out of the water and slapping me.  There are many things on the to-do list that didn't get done, so I'm up early to hopefully earn a day off this week.

2 comments:

Cockeyed Jo said...

If you have coffee filters then just fold it in half, staple around it with the herbs inside. Voila! You just made a tea bag big enough for qts. or use multiples for a gallon.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Cockeyed Jo, great idea! Have no idea why I didn't think of that.