Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, October 2, 2020

Rory ~ Hummingbird and other tidbits

 

I planted 4 mums in one of my flower beds and found our barn cat sleeping in my flowers.  She loves my flower beds.




The hummingbird came to give me a visit.  It loves the purple flowers every fall.  It is so hard to get a good photo or even a video.

Recipe I use is online with Eating Well - Slow Cooker Vegetarian Sweet Potato and Black Bean Chili (using fire roasted tomatoes).

Meals this week have been switched around from my original plan.  I have little energy at the end of the day.  I recently made us a crock pot full of sweet potato/black bean chili with a side of homemade confetti muffins (contains carrots and green bell pepper). Recipe for the muffins is online (Taste of Home), but I used buttermilk vs. milk.


Instead of breakfast for dinner (which is a lot of work), I put it in the freezer and used turkey sausage to make a crock pot of Four beans and sausage.  I use my home canned ketchup in the recipe and it is so good, as well a garden grown green bell peppers.  Sorry, forgot to take a photo last night.

My ladies were not happy yesterday.  I couldn't let them out in the fenced area due to this out looking for it's next meal.  I heard it several times while in the garden, but watched over the ladies and then put them in when I came in.  It hasn't left the area yet.



2 comments:

Wildflower Adventures said...

Your chili sounds delicious! I had a cat like yours years ago. She was so easy going & a very good mother cat.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Wildflower Adventures. She is so friendly but yet a great hunter too. The chili is amazing! We love to top a bowl with sour cream. So good!