Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Possibility ~ New recipe and other randomness

I have a possible place to set up and sell my handicrafts before the year ends.  Although I didn't think it would happen, I'm considering it.  However, I have to go in and speak with them directly about a one day special event cost.  I have a feeling that it will be more than I can really spend to do this.  I'm gathering photos to email them prior to visiting their store, so I guess we'll see how it goes.  The store is a filled with handmade vendors, and I'm told the building is large, so if they charge what the flea markets charge it's still a possibility.  It's a new permanent business, open daily with workshops almost every month (like learning to make a blanket with large blanket yarn etc).

I have also realized in taking photos, that I have only 2 dish scrubbies made.  Yikes.  Where does the time go?



I had to switch up dinner last night.  Sweet potato chili.  I needed a one pot complete meal.  Wood splitting was planned.  That plan went out the door when rain arrived about 3:30pm and never stopped.


New breakfast casserole we tried.  I used organic ingredients (yes our store sells non-gmo tater tots, but pricy).  The family loved it. (Buns in my Oven, Tater Tot Casserole recipe found online)  I'm just trying new breakfast dishes for Christmas morning.  The recipe however is not an overnight recipe.  You use frozen tater tots.  You could however cook the meats ahead of time and toss it together in the morning.



Purged some books from the garage.  I would have loved to set them out for free, but with Covid and stuff, they all went to Goodwill.  Luckily, my daughter's hair salon is almost next door to Goodwill.

Strained my sage tincture.  

I finally got more orders done online.  I even bought some books and picked out a free one I earned.  Now to find jumper cables for the girls for Christmas, which will be the gifts they "need" this year.  I may get into town this weekend if someone is home.  Got a call about the car.  He had to put it off, due to someone from FL up here who had an emergency (needed a new engine).  My car doesn't even have the new engine in it yet.  So frustrating.



3 comments:

Cockeyed Jo said...

Having just gotten our only means of transport back from the garage after two weeks, I feel your pain.

Cockeyed Jo said...

Kristina, if all else fails, call Auto Zone and see of they'll deliver the jumper cables to you

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Cockeyed Jo, we can only get one pizza place to deliver to us, we are that far out. We stopped doing that, because it takes them 1 hour to get it here when they make it 7 miles away.