Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, October 3, 2020

More Tomato Sauce Canned ~ Last Green Bell Pepper Picking

 

Friday morning the clouds were low and looked like mountains.  I sliced up 23# of tomatoes and got my sauce maker back out.



I am thrilled to get more tomato sauce canned.  I have more green tomatoes in the kitchen though.





Our Friday weather was brr! cold!  Low 50's with a possible frost this morning (38°F), so I did my last picking of the green bell peppers.  We got 110 not including all those little ones in the strainer.  A wonderful harvest this year.

4 comments:

Rain said...

Hi Kristina :) Congratulations on your pepper harvest!! That photo of the clouds is awesome! :)

mamasmercantile said...

What a great harvest, you have done so well. I have some green tomatoes left, so I had thought of making some green tomato chutney rather than see them go to waste.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you Rain!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

mamasmercantile, one year I had so many green tomatoes I made green tomato chutney and green tomato relish (sort of like salsa). I don't have enough this year, but I made green tomato cake and it was so good. I'm sharing the link to the recipe on Monday.