Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Weekend Getaway






While I should have been canning, my husband and I took off for a getaway, and took a boat tour.  Well worth it.  

I am up early to wash dishes that were left on last Friday, and the one daughter who was home and on vacation, left more.  Everything I need to can was still dirty.  My mental health vacation needs another one.  All I can say at this point, is that I am pretty sure my husband is on board with the lack of help and respect around here.  He finally sees what I have been dealing with.

It's been a long day already. Yesterday was the one year mark we lost our 4 month old grandson, so we made a quick trip over to see them before retiring for the night last night.

Oh, while out on our getaway, I scored canning jars.  There were no lids to be had, but I got myself jars with lids (which I needed, as I am down to my last 9 jars or so of half-pints).  I also finished a crochet project during our drive.  I hope to have a handiwork update soon.


3 comments:

wyomingheart said...

Great pics! That water looks so calming! Good for you on the canning jars!!!

Jean said...

Beautiful photos from your getaway. Hope you find some peace during this difficult time and have a nice week.

Lady Locust said...

So happy for you that you got to escape for a little while. This is a little backwards from you, but I got to stay at home for 3 days. We all need a break now and then. Wishing you much peace :-)