Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, September 12, 2020

Pizza Sauce and other tidbits

I got 25# of tomatoes off my tables, but went out and picked more, bringing 22.5# more back in.


Pizza sauce is restocked now.



Somehow, in all that work of canning, I put chili in the crock pot for dinner, but did not have the time or energy to make my delicious buttermilk cornbread.


I made this spread the other day, and haven't made it since we had dairy goats I think.  The recipe is on my blog:  Easy Layered Dip.


This was at our local area Meijer the other day.  I sent it to a friend who was looking for wide mouth quart jars.  They also had other sizes, but no lids.




My indoor rosemary plant got a new pot.  My cilantro did as well, but you don't a picture of that one.  I sort of neglected it, so hopefully, it will spring back having been re-potted for winter.

I haven't had any time to do handiwork.  Hopefully soon, as the garden is starting to slow down a bit.  I brought in another dozen bell peppers, another 2# of jalapenos, a few ounces of hot banana peppers as well.

6 comments:

Goatldi said...

What variety of Rosemary is that?

I can’t tell from enlargement as it isn’t crisp but it doesn’t look like any I have had over the years .

RB said...

My those tomatoes are beautiful, and so are the sauces and chili you made. I've been under the weather for about 3 weeks, so I crock potted a batch of chicken soup. It was wonderful. Now I want more. LOL
Other than that, we've been watching the fires in the west and the storms in the Atlantic.
Prayers for all in their paths and for all emergency workers, for all who have lost all, for all who lost their lives and for all wildlife and farm animals too.
God bless all.
RB
<><

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Goatldi, I honestly don't know. I replanted it and can't remember.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

RB, I have a cousin out in CA and she posted prior to the fires the temps were over 115°F out there and they were being evacuated.

Cockeyed Jo said...

I've got my two cases of salsa done and still canning tomato sauce. I need an extra bushel of tomatoes to finish up.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Cockeyed Jo, my tomatoes are starting to wind down, but I still have more in my kitchen to put up. Trying to decide if I want salsa or crushed tomatoes. I guess I'll be weighing them soon.