Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, September 24, 2020

Canning Ketchup

 

I spent the day yesterday reducing ketchup and it was canned.  So happy for this to happen twice this year.  

Updated:  Here is the link on how I make my ketchup - Canning Ketchup.


The weather here has been amazing.  I'm already writing out my to-do list for next week.  There is much to yank from the garden yet, but I'm thrilled for more tomatoes.  I will be taking a peek at what's left on the plants (tomatoes) and yank a few more today.


While the ketchup reduced, I got online and ordered some Christmas pajamas.  I can't lie, it sort of got me excited for the holidays, although it may just be us.

6 comments:

Cockeyed Jo said...

I used to make my own Ketchup before my children moved away. It was pretty cost effective. Now 48 ozs last us a year. We only use it for 1000 island dressing, French fries, and onion rings which I don't make that often. Now BBQ sauce and some others that use tomatoes is my primary canning. Ketchup is just too sweet.

Lady Locust said...

Are you willing to share your ketchup recipe? I haven’t found one I like (have only tried 1-2.)

Wildflower Adventures said...

I guess I never thought of making ketchup & canning it. I've already been Christmas shopping online so Yeah for your PJs.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Cockeyed Jo, we use it for other recipes too like homemade 1000 island dressing and other stuff. Love it on meatloaf too.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Lady Locust, I updated this post to link the recipe on my blog. I hope the link works, as I'm trying to figure out this new blogger.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Wildflower Adventures, I'm on a streak with Christmas shopping but at a minimum. If I order PJ's early I get them on sale, if I wait until November or so, them are expensive.