Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Canning is in full swing



Big weather change here.




Canning is going daily lately.  I have to label all of this and put it in the pantry before I start chopping more tomatoes.  I brought in more.



The weather dipped to 45°F last night, so I brought in everything I could that was above ground.  The green bell peppers are about done.  I brought in 5 more bell peppers.  I have a few small ones on, but with the weather, they may not develop.  Hot peppers are on, but it's hard to tell how much more I'll get.

My life as I know it. 


2 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Seeing all your ripened tomatoes was a joy mine have not done as well this year.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

mamasmercantile, thanks. We didn't get much last year at all. I don't recall getting anything canned other than from tomatoes my husband's cousin brought me to barter with.