Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Cowboy Candy and other ramblings

Yesterday, the first thing I needed to do, was to put up the 4.6# of jalapenos I picked.  I needed 3# to make the cowboy candy.
I got that canned, but it takes a lot of time to slice up those babies.  The remaining will be frozen today hopefully.



I have been able to crochet more of the jar grippers.  I will get them up for sale as I get more colors made.  I have already sold the first six I already made (not pictured).  I'm told they work great and better than most that are made (my "gripper" has smaller holes that what my Mom was given and she loves it).  I think people are buying the "gripper" part from the Dollar Tree, and I have seen it and didn't like the look of it.  I purchased a different type (better brand) and am glad I did. I use a smaller hook and a cotton thread.

2 comments:

Phoebes World said...

I made Cowboy Candy on Monday... Hubby said he could smell the vinegar as he got out of the truck from work. We now have enough to last a year...hopefully
Found your blog through Crochet by the Sea.. and I look forward to reading your back posts
Phoebe x

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Phoebes World, thanks for stopping in. Glad you are enjoying my blog.