Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, July 18, 2020

With Sad News.....

While we were planning our youngest daughter's grad party (for today), which would have also been her prom combined (just got her a prom dress yesterday), God had other plans.

Her love of her life and his best friend were killed in an accident last night about 7pm.  The jeep malfunctioned and they rolled in a ditch then hit a tree.  Both did not survive.

He was her rock. Her everything.  When I say everything I mean everything.  He was like our son.  We were helping him get a vehicle.  His best friend treated us like his parents.  My heart breaks for both families and our daughter.

It feels so unreal.  Party of course was canceled, and we'll be taking food to her boyfriend's parents house later today.

I will not be posting for a few days as we get through this.  I don't know how long this will take, as it feels like a bad dream...a nightmare.  So unfair.  They would have married and had kids.  I cry just looking at the shoe pile and not seeing his shoes there, so I can't imagine what the families are going through.  Nor what our daughter is feeling right now.

My heart breaks....


17 comments:

Chasity said...

Such sad news, offering prayers of comfort for all.

hart said...

I am so sorry. Please accept my condolences for your family and his.

Goatldi said...

I am sorry the families loss. May they and you find peace.

Vicki said...

I am so very sorry. Prayers for all the families.

M. Meyers said...

Unfair! Unfair! Life is so unfair sometimes. Prayers for ....everything needed. Weeping with you all

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear, we will keep you in our prayers.

Mama Pea said...

Sending heartfelt condolences to your daughter, you and your husband and the families of all involved with this tragedy. So, so sad to have such young lives lost and altered.

wyomingheart said...

Prayers for all of you to have strength and peace in these troubled days to follow. 🙏🏼

Melody A. said...

such a tragedy and loss! My condolences for your daughter and your family and both of these young men's families and loved ones. So many broken hearts. Prayers for strength in the days and months ahead.

Susan said...

What a terrible loss. My heart goes out to your family and theirs.

Debby Flowers said...

So Sorry for you Kristina, your daughter, your family and the families of the young men. Life is cruel, have strength.

Mandy said...

My heart just breaks for you all. It's so tough when things like this happen to young people. Sending my prayers to you all.

Wildflower Adventures said...

Oh my, what a shock! Sorry for the loss for all the families involved. So so sad.

mamasmercantile said...

I am just catching up and am so so sorry, my deepest condolences to you all.

Unknown said...

Crying reading this. I was looking for your recipe on pickled onions and I came across this blog. So very sorry for your loss. May God Bless all of you and keep you in the Palm of his Hand.

Rebecca Knox said...

I am so far behind, Kristina, and am just now reading this. I am so very sorry for your loss...for your daughter and her loss...for both families. My thoughts and prayers are with all. I just wish I had read this sooner. :'(

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you Rebecca