Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Random Tidbits


Thanks to the only rain we have gotten, I have more new blooms at the homestead.  I am picking green beans almost every other day now. 

Well, the mask mandate is causing so much chaos in our county.  I simply shop in another county.  So sick of this stuff.  What will they come up with during the next 5 months to keep everyone fighting and dividing?  Who knows.  I'm glad I have my garden to keep me busy.  Our state is being watched by counties now, and have a level grid.  Our county was put in a level to put a mask mandate in place.  They only change status by the week as well.

Cases are escalating in our county daily.  I'm starting to wonder if it's not a virus and rather a bacteria now.  It won't be long before they close everyone again.

We have no plans to return to the island.  Three businesses have not closed to quarantine.  If campgrounds do not close this fall, we do have plans to go camping.

People are buying up all the ball canning lids.  Regular lids are so hard to find.  I'm having family check their Meijer stores for me, as other stores are out or highly inflated pricing.

Happy gardening to you all.  I'm about to go work in mine.  We have a cool morning, so I'm taking advantage of it.

I have to repair a hole in my chicken coop (again).  After one day of repair I set a live trap.  I caught a pretty old opossum who was the suspect.  He however, ripped another hole in the coop.  Building a new wireless coop has now been moved up on the to-do list.  We are just tired of the trouble with the wire, and I've spotted a raccoon last night too.

I found 3 boxes of lids with rims at our grocery store, but that's it so far. 


4 comments:

Faith said...

I hear you friend. I have up till now have not bought into the mask thing. Now you can't go anywhere and stores are requiring. I'm not doing much shopping other than the grocery store, and my husband doesn't mind do that, he has to wear a mask at work. He works for the VA. I have a difficult time with the mask and I find myself hyperventilating. I have AFib, which is not user friendly to the mask. Ohio....what a mess they've made. I stay home, I'm a homebody anyway, and craft and bake and mind my own. Gardens and crafts will help us through the insanity...for you know, this is just the "current"scheme. There will be more. Take care.
pretty flowers, I think my Calendula is finally going to flower, :)

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Faith, I'm with you on not shopping. I'll have more in the bank. However, I did place an online order today.

Wildflower Adventures said...

I got lids back early cause there was word that lids might be hard to come by when canning time came. Hubby has already canned some carrots & tators, not from our garden though. Got a little rain & the skeeters were out in the garden scavenging fiercely so I did my evening walk as quick as possible.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Wildflower, I found some, but not sure when they will arrive. Had to order them.