Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, July 20, 2020

Nothing

I have a nothing new post today.  Strange.  I'm always so pumped to get something posted, but not today.  So much on my mind right now.

We got spit on yesterday.  The storm came through and it literally sprinkled for less than a minute.  I am so sad on top of everything else.  We are in drought conditions and now I am worried about the garden.

Hubby is out watering flowers.  When he's done I'll start on the garden.  My root veggies are not getting what they need.  I can't remember a year like this.  Ever.

We had visitors all day yesterday, and even had a meal delivered.  Our daughter is not okay.  Youngest.  We are doing our best to keep her around someone.  She is not allowed to drive herself anywhere right now either.  She is having the most horrible time right now.


3 comments:

Faith said...

We did have some rain, just average and not very long, even though they were "predicting" possible flooding, hail and high winds. It was enough to water the garden as I would have with the hose. But the rain water is better. Your daughter the poor dear. I cannot imagine her grief, and you must be terrible concerned. I'll keep you in my prayers for peace. What a year huh? A death is a difficult time, but for such a young life there isn't any consolation you could muster up.It's hard to help her when you are having a difficult time of it yourself.

Wildflower Adventures said...

Sorry to hear yall are having to go through this rough patch & your daughter being so young losing the love of her life. So sorry, I can't even imagine what yall must be going through.

Rain said...

Kristina, I'm so sorry for your daughter...I have been there at age 17 when my bf died of a brain aneurysm. It's almost incomprehensible at that age. She needs you so much right now. I know you are so sad as well, what a horrible tragedy. All I can do is send virtual hugs and hopes. xxx