Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Photo shoot from the front porch




Baby yellow finch.  So happy to see that Mom and Dad had a baby.  I will have to keep an eye out for more.



More blooms in the flower garden.


My new addition to the flower bed is blooming wonderfully.

I almost had a close up photo of a Boston Oriole, but by the time I got my gimmpie rear to get my camera, he/she flew off.  Hubby and I got to see it though while playing cards on the front porch last night.  That's about all I accomplished, other than watering everything.

10 comments:

Faith said...

Beautifull birds I always get tickled when I see one of such color which isn't often. your flowers are pretty, I do like Tiger Lillies. Hope your back (hip) is feeling better I've had a few bouts of sciatica myself not fun. Moving around is your best idea I was told by a Dr.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Faith, thanks. I do feel much better moving around. I have the worst pain standing up in the morning and later evening, and sleeping is the worst.

Katmom said...

Kristina,, love the sweet yellow Finch...We have something similar,, but not quite as bright and yellow.
Your Lilies are lovely,, I finally got around to planting some this year,, right now they are only a couple of inches tall.. but with all this crazy cold weather we are having over here in the N.E. part of Washington,, my garden is about a month behind everyone else...
Isn't it fun to watch the different birds? The best entertainment.. and it's Free!
Have a fun and safe 4th of July...
>^..^<

Rebecca Knox said...

Love the bird and flower photos! Absolutely beautiful! Have a Happy 4th of July! :)

mamasmercantile said...

Lots to see and admire. Hope you are feeling better.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Katmom you are right about watching the birds. I've seen red headed woodpeckers lately too. And our hummingbird loves my flower bed and comes every year too.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Rebecca

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks mamasmercantile

RB said...

Isn't that little finch as cute as all get out. I pray it makes it a long long time.
I pray we all do too.
Love to all.
God bless.
RB
<><

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

RB, he is adorable right?