Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, June 25, 2020

Garden Goodness ~ Happy Heart

Pea picking is daily right now.  Shell peas are now on thanks to the goodness of rain.



Oregano is abundant this year (unlike my thyme and rosemary), but I'll take anything this year.  I filled the dehydrator, and may do it once more.




Although there are a lot of sugar snap pea recipes, I went with what I had - used homemade garlic scape pesto, tossed in pasta and snap peas, topped with grated Parmesan cheese.


7 comments:

R's Rue said...

Yum

RB said...

Those peas look wonderful. Our Dad always complained, probably teasing I think, that he'd plant a row of peas and never have a single one to harvest because we'd all go out and snack on them right in the garden when they were little and so sweet.
The pesto looks tasty too. I bet it was.
God bless.
RB
<><

Smily-Света said...

It's nice when there is always some crop in the garden to feed our belly and calm our soul

mamasmercantile said...

So wonderful to be harvesting fro the garden, a reward for all the hard work.

Cockeyed Jo said...

Yummy! I love green pea pesto! I toss a few walnuts in mine.

Rain said...

Hi Kristina :) Your pesto looks delicious and congrats on the pea harvesting! We are expecting rain all the week ahead and I'm grateful for it!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Rain, I am now able to pick some shell peas too. Loving it.