Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, June 18, 2020

Dip Time! ~ Tidbits

Finally!  I made this delicious Garlic Scape-Radish Spread.  We love this, along with radish hashbrowns.  I really should plant 3 rows vs. 2.  Yummo.

We are struggling with lack of rain again.  Weeding daily.

Good news is coming (I hope) about a car for daughter, and a treadmill for me.  Hubby already installed the new washing machine part - laundry will be going strong today.  Woohoo to that!

Oh, and that stray with kittens?  We now visibly see 3 kittens.  She had them under the house (oye) and now they are all out in the old barn rubble.  Hubby said he saw them playing in a tree.  Time will tell if there are more and when it's okay to trap them and find them all a new home.

6 comments:

Pam said...

Oh My Goodness, spicy homemade food and kittens in one place. I use every scape, garlic and onions and purposely keep radishes on the dry side to make them hot. A spread sound great I will be playing later.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Pam, the spread is very good. Hubby is already asking me to make another batch of it, ha ha!

Cockeyed Jo said...

You can have some of our rain! We are tired of it. We've had one week of no rain since before spring began.

mamasmercantile said...

The spread sounds delicious. Yummy!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Cockeyed Jo, we had that problem with rain last year. Too much, and this year, not enough. Crazy.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

mamasmercantile, we love the spread. It is so good, but I can only make it this time of year with fresh grown radishes and garlic scapes. I've frozen them but it's not the same as fresh. Yum.