Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, May 19, 2020

More Rain

My radishes are already coming up.  I picked a bit more asparagus, and dropped some zinnia seeds.  I also planted my thyme and rosemary plants, and dropped some cilantro, parsley and basil seeds.

By noon yesterday, I had only accomplished that, plus 2 rounds of dishes, some of the laundry and had taken the trash out.  

We are getting more rain today, but my recently planted seeds and flowers are loving it.  I need another day indoors anyway.  In between rain storms or rain, I'm hardening my pepper plants and tomatoes.


Woke up to this today.  The planted field across the street is completely flooded.  They need to clean the drain out that drains it to the river.  A sheriff is out there warning drivers to slow down, so they do not hydroplane.

I have yet to check the garden, but will later.  I am sure it's okay considering we haven't tilled the wetter part of it yet.

4 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

That looks to be a lot of a water, hope they manage to drain it off soon.

Mama Pea said...

Ugh, that picture of the flooded field and road reminds me of last year when your garden was destroyed by rain. Sure hope you don't have to face that again this year.

Lady Locust said...

It's amazing how quickly water can build up when you don't want it to and how long it takes to soak something when you do want it to.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you all. It receded, but the garden is super wet.