Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Well, that changes things....

As much as I'd like to keep the pandemic issues off my blog and keep them upbeat homesteading posts, yesterday's briefing was a debbie downer.

We remain under shut-in order, and no groups of 10 or more until June 1st.  They did no lift the shut in order. Daughter's grad party was for late June.  Now I have to wait and see what he says June 1st.  Those who liked him in the beginning do not like him now.

There has been no talk at all about campgrounds opening and a lot more. Camping is social distancing.  The list of what remains closed is very long.

I feel like we are the prisoners and at war with the government.

Meanwhile GA opened hair salons, bowling alleys, tattoo parlors and more.  Too early for them?  I guess we'll all find out.

Our 18 year old had to apply for pandemic relief pay of some kind - for unemployed that cannot work due to the orders set.  She applied for another assistance as well.  I think my husband and other daughter should be paid even more for having to work (essential).

One of my brother's work for the police.   There are now some who will lose their jobs very soon.  The city he works for cannot pay them due to the city not making money - hotels not open, etc.   Even the BMV remains closed.  

By the way, I've spent some time on YouTube.  There are some very interesting (eye-opening) videos with doctors, regarding this entire thing we are going through.  After watching them, I am convinced of my own opinion (which I'll keep to myself on here).  All I can say, is that I am so tired of our rights being taken from us.  Yeah, the virus is deadly to those with high risk, but they have lied to us in more ways than one.

I'm just going to have to keep myself busy in the garden again.  It rained again, so it all depends on how wet it is today.

4 comments:

wyomingheart said...

100 percent agree with you... information I watched yesterday has already been removed from u-tube... those that have opinions which differ from the storylines are hushed. Definitely doesn’t feel correct in my humble opinion. Thanks for sharing!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks wyomingheart. Today we are told they are considering when and how to open campgrounds, but with no expected date either.

RB said...

Those who want life to go back to normal aren't fighting with the government. If they're smart, they'll realize they'e fighting with the virus, and going out and about just prolongs that fight as it will cause it to spread and spread.
And sure, the vulnerable are at risk, but we had a 7 month old baby die from it; we had a 2 week old baby die from it, and that's just in one state - NC.
And I'm glad our governor is doing all he can to protect us because if he didn't have the rules passes he's passed, the vulnerable and children would be out there among the sick and the protesters unaware.
IMO, no one wants the country open than President Trump. Thankfully, so far, he's making decisions based on statistics and facts, though sometimes he says things that boggle the mind - like injecting the sick with disinfectant. And no, that wasn't sarcasm. I was watching when he said it. It was a question he posed to the doctors on the right hand side of his podium, 2 people he'd have no reason to be sarcastic with.
As for the Youtube videos, what facts did they present and did those facts align with what's published by the CDC, the Mayo Clinic, and major medical universities?
Praying, dear God, if it be Your will, to raise this scourge from our land and restore to us a healthy planet, in Christ Jesus name. AMEN!!!
God bless.
RB
<><

Eileen in Fla. said...

"The love of money is the root of all evil" and also at the root of those leaders who want to open too soon. Note: I used the word "LEADERS" who are mere flawed human beings. The word "Government" is not to blame but connotes a bad, evil enemy. The Government is our elected Leaders and it's US and is only a system. Only time will tell if Georgia and others opened prematurely, but at what price? How many more will have died needlessly? Is it a wise choice without looking at hard facts of number of cases on the INCREASE? I encourage all thinking people to listen to the doctors and scientists, not the Internet which is a proven purveyor of false information...can I say it? ...LIES.