Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, April 9, 2020

Just the Bits

We had a very nice day yesterday.  The temperature went up to 70°F.  We were swamped with a wet ground, but we cleaned up the front porch. My husband even got some mowing done too, and we grilled out for dinner (although our propane is now out for the grill).






I baked flourless brownies and made whiskey butterscotch sauce for a rare treat.




I also froze a bit more zucchini.






I dehydrated a small amount of mushrooms too.





Laundry went out on the line.





I am finishing up on cross bookmarks.  I am putting the tassles on next.

6 comments:

Faith said...

It was pretty yesterday, this morning is more typical I suppose. My little seedlings are getting leggy, not enough sun. Your crosses are pretty. I tried to move the hook, and things are just so out of whack.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Faith, we had pouring down rain a bit ago with lots of wind, and now the sun is out and a teensy warmer with no wind. Typical weather for our state for sure. I did not crochet at all yesterday. I'm out of whack too right now.

RB said...

I'm going to have to try your flourless brownies because I'm gluten intolerant.
Been trying to catch up around here too, but can't seem to beat brother to the washer and dryer. Then he's working 2 jobs and needs clean sanitized clothing for both. I can just wear rags around the house if I have to, so no complaining here.
I pray everyone has a safe blessed weekend, remembering the reason for Easter and using the common sense God gave us all to worship with our present family members and stay away from crowds, in Christ Jesus name. AMEN!!!
God bless.
RB
<><

mamasmercantile said...

Rain and wind are the issue here too, so not a lot getting done outside. Love those crosses.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks RB.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks mamasmercantile