Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, April 23, 2020

Dehydrating Garlic

If you are wondering, I have not had time to learn to knit socks.  I have been that busy most days.  I guess that's a good thing, but I have hopes in coming out of this pandemic learning something new.

It's been a cold April here too.  We also ran out of cut/split wood, so the heaters are back on sadly.  Hubby has been working on the car after work and there was also a fuel problem, so that meant more parts and more work.

Not much I can do in the garden without the help of my husband so the peas have yet to be planted.  Yesterday snow was in our forecast again (which we got a little of) and then rain.

First thing in the morning, I dug out my fusible web (which took time to find) and some scrap fabric.  I had to patch one daughter's favorite pants.


I filled 3 large trays with garlic yesterday.  Not my home grown, but home grown in another state.  I rely on the farmer's market for a spring batch of garlic powder.  I made another one in the fall.  Tedious work, but worth the work.

The days here are going too fast.  I am writing out my to-do's on a list today to make sure some things get done.  It took an hour or more to slice all that garlic, so today I work on some household chores and outdoor projects.  I need to make a list for the green house as well. 

Update on the car.  I may have her back tonight.  She needed a new fuel pump and an oil change, on top of the intake being replaced.  Thankful to have a biker friend who is laid off to help us out.

2 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Such a shame that you are not getting the time to learn something new but you are doing really well getting lots done. Good news about the car hopefully it will e back and running soon. Take care and stay safe.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

mamasmercantile, a lot of my lack of free time is because I'm preparing for the worst fall next fall and winter and making sure we are well stocked in all departments. I hope to get some free time maybe this weekend and next week. Hopefully Friday as well.