Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Winter Journaling

....from the gratitude journal 

Five things that made me happy (yesterday):

1. music, it's pretty boring without it
2. Romeo, he's such a good dog and offers his love 
3. Getting things organized.  Makes me feel awesome.
4. Leftovers - soup beans were so good and I didn't have to cook, so I got a bit more done
5. Slippers.  They keep my tootsies warm while indoors.



....from the wine tasting journal 
Tried a new Pinot.  Expensive, but not that great as far as taste.  I use wine label removers to remove the label and then it goes in my wine tasting journal.




.....from the inspirational quote journal

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
― Maya Angelou




Nothing has gone into my "book reading journal" just yet.  I need to finish that book first.

4 comments:

Carol said...

I can barely keep up with my one journal and you are doing this many. I am doing an online journal of my reading so I will be sure to be able to look back at it.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Carol, I have a simple notebook I glued photos of books to on the front cover. I write the books I've read and a short comment about it. I love to write!

mamasmercantile said...

My goodness you have certainly impressed me with your journals.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks mamasmercantile. I love to write, but don't make enough time for it. I also started journals for each kid when they were born, highlighting funny or odd or interesting moments in the lives. I forgot to give them their journals when they moved out, so they are piled up to hand out. I was terrible at keeping up with them, but I loved the things I journaled about them.