Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Sunday, January 26, 2020

Philly Fritatta ~ Gloomy Weather



A bit late in sharing, but remember the "philly" stuffed peppers I made?  Well, we had some leftover steak, and green pepper/onion mix.  Guess what I used it for?  Although omelets sounded good, I baked up a "philly" frittata.


I added some extra red bell pepper diced.  Mushrooms would have been nice too, but I was fresh out.  


I topped it with fresh parsley.  I should have added more garlic, but it was very good.  I did not add cheese to this either.

It seems like 99% of my day rotates around the kitchen with baking/cooking and doing the dishes.  Literally.  Saturday my husband took overtime, so while we got more rain, he went to work.  Youngest daughter went to visit her boyfriend, so I took advantage of an empty house, on a rotten weather day and crocheted.  I should have been cleaning again, but I have one more order to fill.


12 comments:

Carol said...

I feel like I spend a lot of time in the kitchen as well. I cleaned some yesterday and would like to do more today, but I have a bridal fair to go to with my daughter and so I will probably not get much done around here.

Sam I Am...... said...

I think it's hard to take a day off when you work at home. There's always something to do! But I try to take it easy and just do the basics and then read or do handwork or something that I want to do and not have to do. Homeworkers should have weekends off too! LOL! Although when I worked outside the home I had to come home and work on the house on the weekends.

Granny_J said...

I think it was time well spent crocheting while you had the house to yourself. I love seeing all the items you crochet. Such a great combination of colors.

Mama Pea said...

Yep, when you're a homemaker, it's very hard to "leave your job" as would leave an away-from-home work place. And when you do, it seems like you're being lazy or fluffing off because all that needs to be done in the house is staring right at you.

Being the one responsible for feeding the family with tasty, homemade, nutritious, made-from-scratch food requires an awful lot of time in the kitchen, not only while prepping/making it, but the clean up afterwards. Sometimes a daunting task, but considering the fact that we are the ones responsible for our family's health . . . well, would we have it any other way? (Nope, but having someone else take over for us in the kitchen now and then sure would not be refused!) ;o)

RB said...

Looks amazing. Yum!!!
Prayers everyone has a great week ahead, and a safe one too.
God bless.
RB
<><

Cockeyed Jo said...

I know at least 85% of my day is spent in the kitchen or has to do with the kitchen. Today was week's bread making day. The culmination of 4 days of work. Day 1- soak the grain. Day 2- dry the sprouted grains. Day 3- grind the grain with day 4 baking.I always use sprouted grains for my flour. It doesn't matter if it's wheat or grains for my gluten-free flour, the process is the same. I grind all the flour I need for the week every week for the optimum freshness. Of course today being the national holiday for pancakes didn't help since I had to make a month's worth of two different types of pancake. Tomorrow is national chocolate cake day so guess what was in my oven after the bread and rolls came out...canning jars of chocolate cake. I won't have to make them again for six months now.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Carol, a bridal fair sounds fun though.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Sam I Am, you are right. There is always something to do

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you Granny

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Mama Pea, you are right. Hubby has thanked me many times for feeding him well.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks RB

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Cockeyed Jo, sounds like you are definitely working in the kitchen. Chocolate cake canned? I am very intrigued, but Hubby can't have sugar right now.