Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, December 14, 2019

Random Tidbits

I should have paid more attention to the weather.  It's much warmer, but 90% chance of rain, and it's raining.  No wood cutting today.  Ugh.


My sets didn't sell at the craft show.  Not one, so this one went into my youngest daughter's hope chest.


I found these reindeer antlers in the Christmas totes.  Romeo didn't like them, but let us put them on for a short while. 


I finished the granny square scarf with matching slouchy hat for our 20 year-old daughter.


The stray cats are trusting me a bit more lately.  I found both looking inside the door at me this morning.  They will run off if I open the door though.  Just ignore those doggie nose marks on the glass, ha ha!

I went out to the "Big City" for a few errands and one was to find paint brushes for water painting books.  Believe or not, I found the books at the dollar store, but no brushes. I found those at Wal-Mart.


4 comments:

Pink Rose said...

Hi Kristina gee that's surprising that no sets sold,they are very nice,you do such lovely work my friend xx

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you Sheryl, there seems to be less people buying homemade items this year than years before.

Peg said...

Kristina, I've been following your blog and enjoy learning about your homesteading lifestyle, so different from mine. My mom used to crochet all the time and I love the usefulness of many of her beautiful creations. I know that you've had trouble finding some of the yarns you've needed, especially at a reasonable price. I was looking on a daily deal site this evening and ended up exploring it much more than I ever had. I found that they have almost 50 different yarns, various name brands, some with a choice of colors. One example is a 3 pk of Red Heart Tweed Twist Neon Acrylic Medium #4 Yarn Skeins for $7.00. The site is dealgenius.com. The yarn is in the category of party & events. You can also search for yarn. Even if you don't need any yarn now, you might make note of the site for the future. Shipping is free with a $29 purchase.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you Peg. So glad to hear you enjoy my blog. Thanks for the link too. Yes, yarn is expensive and sometimes hard to find the right colors. Thank you so much.