Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Sunday, November 24, 2019

from the handiwork journal . . .



...finished the blueberry hot pad set.



. . . finally finished the knitted dishcloth.  Started another set and also finished it.  I literally sold this set I put together right after I put it up on my other blog (who also ordered the second set).




....got more of the yellow netting cut, but still need to cut pink as well.



....finished a coral set of hot pads.  Started a yellow set.




. . . finished a hat for myself, and I love it.  It's very warm.  I will use this pattern for making some to sell for next year's craft shows.  I hope I can get more colors at a good price.






...crocheted these paw print ornaments for the fall craft show.



...crocheted a few cows.  Just need to get eyes on the cats next. 

. . . got a set of coffee cup coasters done.




. . . I got a few more wine cork Christmas trees done. I'll put up a "how-to" soon on my S.C.R.A.P. blogspot.

The clock is ticking closer to the craft show, with a holiday in between it all (3 for us, sigh...), so I'm busy, busy, busy with handiwork.

I'm up early to get the fire stoked.  We got snow last night.  I'll be working on more wine cork Christmas trees.   I can't believe I'm finally using them all up (and no I didn't drink all that, ha ha!  I had a restaurant save them for me many years ago and found them cleaning my closet).

12 comments:

Lady Locust said...

Those "paw prints" are adorable!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you Lady Locust.

Carol said...

Do you have a sight where you sell these? I am interested in some.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Carol I do, but I don't have them posted on there. It's one of my other blogs "Rooster's Crow Farm" Which items were you interested in?

Leanna said...

These are so cute. I have a few like the pads you made. My late mother-in-law made a few of these by cutting rounds from thick cardboard and crocheting onto the rounds and making the hot pads. That way you could take the crocheted piece off and wash it in the washer and put it back on to use it again. I really cherish them.

Sam I Am...... said...

Such lovely makes! You have been busy! I love the blueberry colored yarn and your set with the purple coordinating...so pretty! I hope you do well at your craft fair this year!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Leanna.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Sam I Am.

Cockeyed Jo said...

I much prefer quilted hot pads than knitted or crochet ones. My fingers always find the spaces between the stitches and I get burned. The cork trees are a nifty idea and beautiful too.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

J.L. Murphey, the hot pads I make are tightly crocheted, but quilted ones are on my list to try and offer options. Two things to learn new are still knitting socks and quilting hot pads. Maybe I can find a kit to learn. Not sure.

Cockeyed Jo said...

Kristina,
I've found the easier way to make socks is on a knitting loom. Being a one-handed knitter, 4 short DPNs is beyond me. Check on Raverly for free patterns. Most sock looms come with a DVD how to. Last year's knitting project was socks. I made 16 pairs (8 for Mel and 8 for me). This year's project is sweaters. I've made three so far. I won't reach my goal of six for the year. :o( For next year's knitting projects include ponchos and two afghan/blankets. I find it's easier to break my personal knitting down into sets for the year.

As far as hot pads go, any quilt square pattern will work.Quilt blocks are sold in pre-cut pieces at Joann's. A single layer of quilt batting and a backing piece, and some bias tape and you're in business. As far as quilting goes, simply add 1/4" top stitching with your machine goes to lock the pieces together. I'd suggest Insul-fleece for added heat protection...cockeyed Jo

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you J.L. Murphy