Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, November 23, 2019

Christmas Eve Bag

I put together a "Christmas Eve" bag for the grand kids this year.


Here's what's in it:





Cozy mermaid slippers for our grand daughter.



Cozy Christmas pj's for both, and elmo slippers for our grandson.

Fun stuff for them.

I'm still filling up the bag, he he!

12 comments:

Rain said...

That's such a cute idea Kristina! I think I'll do something like that for me and Alex...I love all of those Christmas classics, I watch them every year!

Life In The Seniors Lane said...

What a sweet idea. I may steal it. Enjoy the rest of the weekend. Hope your leg is improving. Jean

Carol said...

We do a Christmas eve box for my grand and she loves it!

Mary said...

My mother in-law did something similar for her grandchildren, they loved it so much and even as adults remember what became for them a special tradition. Hope you are continuing to recover and doing well. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Kristina!

Cockeyed Jo said...

I'd be hard pressed (financially) to do that for my ten grandchildren and one great-grand. They are all almost past this little kid stage. They seem happy enough to get Grandmama's homemade cookies/candies/goodies care packages.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Rain, it's a tradition in our house to wrap up and gift new pajamas every Christmas Eve, and open gifts in the morning in our pj's.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Jean, my leg is doing better too.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Carol, so glad your grand loves it too.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you Mary, I am still on down time, so a lot of handiwork is getting done.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

J.L. Murphey, I am wondering what I be doing if we do get more grandchildren. It would get expensive for sure.

Sam I Am...... said...

What a great idea! I thought of doing Christmas Eve boxes several years back but as usual I never got around to it. You chose some darling gifts to put in them!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Sam I Am.