Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Tuesday Tidbits

Now that Hubby is on night shift we had Monday morning open to run errands, so we also visited his sister.  I got my watch battery changed and finally dropped off jewelry to get repaired too.  We finally picked up a two receipt on daughter's car so now I can submit that for a refund.

My new garlic has not arrived.  I'm getting concerned that it's getting late to fall plant now.  I hope it arrives soon.

We got up to a high of 87°F yesterday and boy it was hot!  Heat index was 94°F.


We made southwestern black bean burritos again. We love this stuff.  I didn't have the right tomatoes, and walking out to the pathetic tomato patch was out of the question.  I used organic canned fire roasted and it worked out great.  I also used home grown green bell pepper vs. red.  That's what we had.

It'll be hot again today.  Once again I have to adjust my routine with Hubby sleeping after his night shift.  I hope to get crochet time.  We have been so busy lately, I've been fighting to get crochet time.

4 comments:

Luludou said...

Hoping you find time to crochet! The black bean burritos look good but not sure it would agree with my stomach :(

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Luludou, thanks, I hope I get some time, as of now I have not lol!

Sam I Am...... said...

The burritos look good and make sure you squeeze in that crochet time! LOL!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Sam I Am, I got some crochet time in last night.