Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, July 18, 2019

Heat Wave Rolls In ~ Puppy Cuteness Continues

Wednesday we heated up to 86°F by 11am, and the heat index was 95°F.  Just the start of our pre-warned heat wave.



This is from this morning's sunrise.  The haze is so thick from the humidity.  I'll have to water the heck out of everything today.  At least we have well water, so they'll still all get a good soak of goodness.




I went to town and Romeo finally got his pool!  Thanks Mother Em.  Farm and Home still had some.  He's not on board with it yet, but with a bit of training he'll like it.  He didn't mind standing in it in this heat.   After a soak in the pool and some running around....


....this happened, lol!

Up until about 2pm, I was up-and-at-um, cleaning my much needed bedroom.  Try putting away umpteen things that were never put in their home during the night shift ordeal.

I do love my new sweeper.  Boy the carpet needed it.  With the heat wave and energy crisis notices to conserve, I stopped by 2pm.



I enjoyed a nice cold wine slushy and then trotted out to ice the chickens and gents.

I'll resume cleaning in the early morning.  Right after I get the flowers and garden watered.  Then it's off to ice the chickens.  Again.

4 comments:

Rain said...

Be safe during your heat wave and don't work too hard Kristina!! Your pup is so cute...we had a little pool for the dogs but there is a big crack in it so we stopped using it, but the huskies LOVE to jump in the lake. We try to bring them there a few times a week if we can!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Rain, I'm inside after watering. Was just too hot.

Mama Pea said...

We've had warnings of being careful in our heat and humidity and it's not even as hot as you have it. Don't push yourself when it's so hot as it's not worth it. Sit and do handwork in front of a fan!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Mama Pea, thanks! I am inside for the most part. Only outside to check the garden and chickens and take the dogs out (quickly).