Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Wednesday, July 31, 2019

From Pile to File Recipes ~ Other Random Bits


The baked french toast was a hit.  The idea was to find a recipe for "picky" eaters, to take to the next breakfast.  Hubby's family has many "picky" eaters.  It'll go on the "potluck" take it list now. Sorry for the dark photo, but it was pretty early in the morning when I took it.

Speaking of garden work, Hubby told me I could have the day off and to "do nothing."  Hm.  I told him the tomatoes still needed a bit of weeding, but I'd try to stay indoors if I could.  It was a hot day out while freeing up the green peppers and jalapeno plants.

I did get 40 cups of sweet corn put in the freezer.  I have more to do today.

Husband:  "What are you making?"
Me:  "Washcloths for us."
Husband (all excited and smiling) "Wow, you are really gonna make something for us?" 

Ha ha!  I really do create and sell more than for us, when I should keep up with us too.  We need them anyway.  Like I said, I hope to have a handiwork post soon.



2 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

I am a fan of french toast too, yours looked very tasty.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

mamasmercantile, the goodies are all at the bottom. You flip it over to serve. So good. Recipe is online with allrecipes too.