Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, June 24, 2019

Homesteader Happiness

The weekend was beautiful.   No rain.  I spent Saturday doing loads of laundry that went out on the line, taking advantage of the weekend weather.  We had a graduation party Sat. evening, so Hubby was able to get off work at his normal time (thank goodness).  Unfortunately, that meant no alone time with him.  It also meant he was too comfortable in his new camping rocker chair, so we didn't get to bed until midnight.  

Sunday Hubby had a day off finally, and I was up and at-um (against my will) at 6am like clock work.  I could not for the life of me sleep in, but he could.  Outdoor work didn't happen due to really needing time together.  There wasn't much we could do - ground still wet, nothing to harvest, other than cut trees down.  We cooked a late breakfast, and took off on a somewhat, long motorcycle ride with two biker friends.   Our 17 year-old joined us too.  So happy to have some "fun" time in the sun.  Talk about happy souls.


Jesse wasn't eating his food over the weekend.  I heated up the meat and sprinkled in some cheese.  He finally ate.  We haven't seen his "Mom" since last Friday morning.  I've already expressed my opinion that it would be better for him to stay here when she moves.  Some times I just don't understand my kids.  Some of them anyway.  

Speaking of kids, our 19 year-old turned 20 yesterday.  I'll be getting in touch with her to possible treat her to lunch or something.

I have lots to do today, but rain is in the forecast today.  We'll see what I can accomplish anyway.  Hubby is back to his 10 hour work shift.  We thought they'd be done with that last week, but nope.





4 comments:

Carol said...

I am thankful that you enjoyed some special time with your husband. I am thankful that you had a day or two without rain, we may tomorrow.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Carol, we had a grand time, and we all have pretty good tans now lol! I very good does of vitamin D and well deserved. We were so happy to have the nice weekend.

mamasmercantile said...

Thrilled that you managed to have some quality time with hubby and that the weather has improved. Wednesday the temperatures are set to rise and we are in for some Summer weather...

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks mamasmercantile. The weather was so good for once.