Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, June 1, 2019

Gardening

Friday of all days, was the best and most beautiful sunny and dry day.  Hubby had to work 10 hours, and I worked in the garden. 

I'm starting to realize that I may need to downsize the garden, so not being able to plant the usual, has now been sort of a blessing and reminder.

Even so, I got 54 jalapeno pepper plants in the garden.  I am delayed, in the planting of the rest (of what we can, including green peppers), due to the burden of the mower never returned in time for our friend to mow.  

Now Hubby has to spend 3 hours mowing after working 10 hour days, which puts a burden on him as well.  Never, ever, shall we loan it out.  Nor the tiller, which has been asked to be borrowed now.  Nope.  Nope.  Double triple NOPE!

The coyote is still around. I heard it from the field across the street making noises.  I'm on patrol.  I may have another out back too.  

I had just gotten all my clotheslines completely full, when I took a porch break to see a plane swoop down and drop his poison.  I ran right back out and used my dryer against my will, on a hot, hot day.


I was lucky to find organic/non-gmo dandelion greens and got some in the freezer. 

Mower still isn't back.  It's a topic that you don't dare bring up with Hubby either.  Rain returns today.

No comments: