Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, May 11, 2019

Tidbits

Hubby: "When is your birthday?"
Me: "Tomorrow."
Hubby:  " Oh Sh*t!"

That was Thursday night, ha ha!

My birthday morning excitement was getting up at 5:30am and packing Hubby's breakfast and lunch, making my own breakfast, running the dishwasher, feeding the animals, washing a pair of jeans, and making a tea infusion.

I visited Mom and took her a Mother's Day gift.  Hubby didn't have to work 2nd shift, but it was a rather boring birthday.  No flowers, no gifts, no cake or ice cream etc.  I know he's working a lot of hours, so I gave him a pass.  As for the older kids, I'm lucky to get a "Happy Birthday" text message.

Hubby and our Youngest daughter later took me out for a steak dinner, which was pretty good.

I checked on the hens early.  Move in day was Thursday night and it was the battle of "Who is large and in charge."  I went to make sure they were all okay.  They are skiddish, but they'll just have to put the big girl panties on and fight for the food and water.


The slackers are finally giving me some blue-green eggs.  Haven't gotten any for months.  

10 comments:

Mama Pea said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Mine was just past a week and a half ago and I find no big celebration is just fine with me. Give me a day closeted in my quilt room and I'm happy! Hubby and daughter did take me out to eat at a local restaurant I prefer, if we do eat out. Their food was very good, mine was not. Doesn't seem fair, does it? Oh well, I did get some time in my quilt room. Hope you squeak in some time soon for yourself.

Rain said...

Happy Birthday!!! :) Hope your steak dinner was a good one! I love the colour of the eggs, very spring-like! :)

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Mama Pea, the steak was good but the other sides were super salty. Seems that way when we do eat out.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Rain!

The Liberty Belle said...

Happy Birthday! Many returns of the day.

Henny Penny said...

Happy Birthday! I've had a few birthdays that were kinda forgotten, but that's okay. I know how much my daughters love me. :) My youngest daughter never forgets a special occasion. My oldest daughter always has something big and important going on. Hope you have a happy Mother's Day tomorrow. My youngest daughter met me this morning and we shopped half the day and then had pizza for lunch. That was a good Mother's Day gift. Those eggs look just like the little bunch I gathered today.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you Liberty Belle

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Henny Penny

Mother Em said...

Happy Mother's Day, Kristina. Hopefully, you have had your feet up all day and relaxing! Mary in GA

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Mary