Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, May 3, 2019

It's Raining It's Pouring.....

Thursday morning "sunrise" for us.  Blah, blah, blah...more rain, thunder, etc.  It was 94% humidity too.


The snow didn't kill off the remaining wild violets.  Good to know, but I've talked myself out of making jelly, although staying busy indoors is a good thing.  I just have zero canning mojo right now.

I think I got about 5 minutes of vit.D yesterday.  Better than zero I guess.

6 comments:

Carol said...

I am so tired of the rain. I woke to rain this morning and it looks as though most of the day is going to be gray and overcast, which makes me sad as I was sure the grand doll could play outside today.

Susan said...

I'm starting to think I let up on my Vitamin D too early this year. Who knew we'd only have an hour of sun in two months? It's hard to have mojo for anything, with all this dismal-ness - let's hope the skies brighten soon!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Carol, it's a dreary, dark, cold and wet day here. Again.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Susan, they say Sat and Sunday we may see some sun. Here's to sun for everyone.

Mama Pea said...

We are seeing the sun for the first time today (Friday) in I don't know how long. And, boy howdy, does it put a spring in my step!!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Mama Pea, I can't wait for the sun to shine here. It's a long time coming.