Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Sunday, March 10, 2019

Random Tidbits

New recipe tried - jalapeno popper deviled eggs.  Recipe is online.  I wasn't happy with the cheese crisps, so next time I'll use Parmesan for a "crispy" cheese crisp.  I made mine with cheddar/Mozzarella and hot pepper flakes.  I am out of frozen green onions, so that was left out.  Hm.  A lot of work for deviled eggs.  The results?  Yum.  Well liked.

There is a Kmart that I've shopped at since we've moved here over 10 years ago.  It's closing.  We stopped in, only to find out they hiked the prices before offering the current 40% off.  Washcloths were almost $5 each with the closing price.  I walked out with only a new pair of readers.  The only thing not priced up before down.  They'll be closed by next week.  That shopping center is a ghost town now.  Sadly, their Family Dollar closed too (didn't care for that store, only bought ginger snaps for the goats).  I heard Dollar Tree's are closing too.  The kids are hoping the one they use will stay open.  They rely on it for their budgets.  

Saturday morning we drove 92 miles to go look at a truck.  Test drove it, and undecided returned towards home.  We spent the day running errands.  Finally making it back home by 3pm, I declared it Pajama hour.  I was plum tuckered out.

Today?  Well, we are putting the toilet back on, so daughter has a working bathroom.  I forgot how hard it is to share one when they both leave about the same time.   Anyway, it'll go back for a short time period, while we wait on supplies to put the new flooring in.

We are reaching in the high 40's and according to the forecast, may even hit as high as 67°F next Thursday.  It's raining this morning.  

We welcome back daylight savings time.  Whew.

2 comments:

RB said...

Dollar Tree bought up most of Family Dollar a year or two ago, and now I hear they're struggling. It'll make us sad if they close too, because even though I work at a grocery store, we always take our shopping lists to Dollar Tree first, then either Dollar General or Family Dollar (whichever we have a $5 weekly coupon for that week) and THEN we go to the store I work at to finish out our list. They're all close together, so it's not like we're driving miles to shop.
66 degrees here and almost balmy. Have 2 cats out in kennels. They've been whining to go out for weeks (maybe months) now. LOL We don't let them run loose outside cause we don't want them having any kittens. We keep the boys in a shelter out back and the girls in the house, and never the twain shall meet. ROFLOL
Ok, now I'm just doddling. I'm so tired (didn't sleep much last night) I'm just silly, so I'll sign off.
Prayers everyone has a great week ahead, and a safe one too.
God bless.
RB
<><

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

RB, we are struggling with daylight savings. I am so tired. Ugh.